Kid Cudi is planning to give us 2 albums sometime this year. While we still do not have exact details about when they would be dropping, he decides to share his latest record called “Goodbye”.
We have to salute RiFF RaFF for putting Danny Brown and Gucci on the same track. Check out “I Drive By” above, and pre-order the LP ahead of its June 24th release here.
DJ Jazzy Jeff may be touring the world in search of the ultimate Vinyl Destination, but that hasn’t stopped him from flipping one of his most iconic cuts. Celebrating 25 years of “Summertime,” Jeff and British beatsman, Eric Lau, have transformed the time tested ’91 release into something suitable for 2016’s wave parade.
With Demrick gearing up to drop his Collect Call project, out June 24th, the Los Angeles native connects with Lil Debbie for its latest offering, “Watch This.” With Scoop DeVille providing the backdrop, the two glide over the sample-meets-bounce sonics. Listen to it above, and pre-order Collect Call on iTunes.
NY duo Lion Babe waste no time in providing the perfect soundtrack for the Summer. A week after dropping the first single, the infectious “Endless Summer,” they’re back with the full 11-track mixtape, Sun Joint. For the tape, Lion Babe get features from Angel Haze, Raury, and Junglepussy with production from Astro Raw and DJ Dahi.
With the anticipated big screen debut of DC’s Suicide Squad packing so much star power into one film, it’s only right that the film’s soundtrack follows suit. It’s held up it’s end, gathering the likes of Action Bronson, Mark Ronson, The Black Keys, Ty Dolla $ign, War, Grimes, Kehlani and plenty of others for a score that blends tastes new and old into one hefty piece. Today, the first track has been revealed in a massive collaboration between Lil Wayne, Wiz Khalifa, Logic, Imagine Dragons & X Ambassadors on the fittingly titled “Sucker For Pain,” which is available for you to hear ahead of the Suicide Squad soundtrack release. The album along with the film arrives on August 5th.
Producer Ras Beats highlights the talents of Roc Marciano on “Wit No Pressure,” a cut from the beatmaker’s new project Control Your Own, which will also feature appearances from Elzhi, Masta Ace, O.C. and Sadat X. Pre-order the album on iTunes, or your preferred digital retailer.
After announcing they’d return as Titans In The Flesh in July, Blu and Nottz liberate the first single from their Gods In The Spirit follow-up, “Atlantis.” “Atlantis” features youthful yet concious bars over Nottz’s cheerful, sample heavy production highlighted by a signature Blu bar. Pre-order Titans In The Flesh on iTunes.
This Friday (June 24th) DJ Shadow will release his fifth studio album, The Mountain Will Fall. Today, Shadow shares what is likely our final free taste of the album, the future funk fortified “The Sideshow.” Pre-order your copy of The Mountain Will Fall on iTunes today.
King Most: “We’re grown enough to finally acknowledging the awesomeness of pop. When it’s good, it’s timeless, but when it’s super corny, it deserves all the hate it can get. Now, I just wanted to make sure that we’ll still like the song of the summer by Labor Day via a little help from a pop music god, the always important sample, and some keyboard work too.”
DJ Matman joins forces with Wax Poetics and WhoSampled to celebrate Jay Z‘s seminal Reasonable Doubt LP with a 20th anniversary mix ahead of the project’s June 25th birth date. A combination of expert blending and exhaustive research, the 50 minute mixtape combines tracks from Hov’s 1996 full-length debut with alternate takes, interview snippets and original samples. Purchase the Reasonable Doubt LP via iTunes.
1. Isaac Hayes – ‘The Look Of Love’ (sampled in Jay- Z – ‘Can I Live’)
2. Jay-Z – ‘Can I Live’
3. The Stylistics – ‘Hurry Up This Way Again’ (sampled in Jay-Z – ‘Politics as Usual’)
4. Jay-Z – ‘Politics As Usual‘
5. Hamilton Bohannon – ‘Save Their Souls’ (sampled in Jay-Z – ‘Cashmere Thoughts’)
6. Jay-Z – ‘Cashmere Thoughts’
7. Ahmad Jamal – ‘Pastures’ (sampled in Jay-Z feat Mecca – ‘Feelin’ It’)
8. Jay-Z feat. Mecca – ‘Feelin’ It’
9. Hubert Laws & Earl Kugh – ‘It’s So Easy Loving You’ (sampled in Jay-Z – ‘Regrets’)
10. Jay-Z – ‘Regrets’
11. Nas – The World Is Yours (Q-Tip Remix) (sampled in Jay-Z – ‘Dead Presidents’)
12. Jay-Z – ‘Dead Presidents II’
13. Lonnie Liston Smith – ‘A Garden Of Peace’ (sampled in Jay-Z – ‘Dead Presidents’)
14. Snoop Dogg feat Daz Dillinger -‘Murder Was The Case’ (sampled in Jay-Z – ‘D’Evils’)
15. Jay-Z – ‘D’evils’
16. Allen Toussaint – ‘Go Back Home’ (sampled in Jay-Z – ‘D’Evils’)
17. John Kaizan Neptune – ‘Blue Wind’ (sampled in Jay-Z ’22 Twos’)
18. Jay-Z – ’22 Two’s’
19. Brother Brother – ‘Hey What’s That You Say’ (sampled in Jay-Z ‘Friend or Foe’)
20. Jay-Z – ‘Friend Or Foe’
21. Eddie Henderson – ‘Inside You’ (sampled in Jay-Z feat Memphis Bleek – ‘Coming of Age’)
22. Jay-Z feat Memphis Bleek – ‘Coming Of Age’
23. Ohio Players – Ecstasy (sampled in Jay-Z feat Notorious B.I.G – ‘Brooklyn’s Finest’)
24. Jay-Z feat Notorious B.I.G – ‘Brooklyn’s Finest’
25. The Whole Darn Family – ‘Seven Minutes Of Funk’ (sampled in ‘Jay-Z feat Foxy Brown – ‘Ain’t No Nigga’)
26. Jay-Z feat Foxy Brown – ‘Ain’t No Nigga’
27. The Four Tops – ‘Ain’t No Woman’ (sampled in ‘Jay-Z feat Foxy Brown – ‘Ain’t No Nigga’)
28. Marcus Miller – ‘Much Too Much’ (sampled in Jay-Z feat Mary J Blige – ‘Can’t Knock Hustle’)
29. Jay-Z feat Mary J Blige – ‘Can’t Knock Hustle’
30. Meli’sa Morgan – Fool’s Paradise (sampled in Jay-Z feat Mary J Blige – ‘Can’t Knock The Hustle’)
31. Jay-Z feat Mary J Blige – Can’t Knock The Hustle (Fool’s Paradise Remix)
32. Jay-Z feat Mary J Blige – Can’t Knock The Hustle (Live at Madison Square Garden)
The revival of the Adidas Superstar silhouette, which began last year, continues into 2016 with yet another edition of the iconic shoe dubbed “Snakeskin”. The premium edition for women is upgraded with new materials on the upper, including a sliced nubuck that is overlaid with an embossed snakeskin print. The shoe is also accented with premium leather overlays on the heel-tab and three-stripe, and done in a clean black/white colorway. The adidas Originals Superstar 80s “Snakeskin” is available now at select retailers.
Earlier this week, A&E premiered the new Game hosted documentary series Streets of Compton, which takes a look at the history and cultural influence of the iconic LA city. Today, Game drops his 12 song soundtrack to the show with features from Problem, Boogie, Micah and Payso. Stream the project in full above, and head over to iTunes to purchase.
Over the years, Esta of the mighty Soulection crew, has churned out some of the most distinctly potent remixes that have passed through the halls of The Originators. Late last night he did it again, sending up a remix of Miguel‘s 2012 breakout ballad “Adorn”. The track is ripe and ready for your summer rotations, flaunting island vibes with a deeply infectious dancehall riddim underscoring Miguel’s affectionate swells.
He’s worked with Beyonce, Jay Z and Mary J. Blige amongst others, yet Knox Brown is far from a household name. That may all change with the launch of his solo career, which officially took off with his debut single “Harry’s Code,” but continues on with the release of his fiery and poignant new cut “No Slaves,” which finds him sharing the mic with Anderson .Paak. The track is available for you to hear above, arriving as a warm up for his debut solo EP, Searching, slated for an August 5th release. Pre-order your copy of Searching on iTunes now.